Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hi

University of Glasgow. The campus is more like a royal campus of a Duke's castle. The main University building is actually a castle which was donated by the king of Scotland to make a University for the education of the masses. The legacy is 600 years old, much around the time when Columbus was accidentally discovering America. The notable alumni of the University are the revered economist Adam Smith, the noted physicist William Rankine, the Nobel prize winner Lord Todd and another dozen of Royal society members. Other than the heavy accent of Scottish people, the only problem for me is 'Khana'. I know how to cook, but I don't know what will be available for me to cook. Will miss mom's cuisine for sure.

Enough talks for now. I am embedding a bunch of pictures downloaded from the net, hope you will share the same excitement as I've.

The tower of the castle, seems much like a lighthouse

The fifteen storied library

The campus from a distance

I am leaving India on 15th. Will rejuvenate this blog once I inhale the foreign air. Till then, take care. Bye.

P.S. The photographer within me is ready to explode.

6 comments:

Ankit said...

Best wishes brother!!

rulzsphere said...

rock bro...!!

hav a wonderful tour..!!

aman said...

All the best for ur trip....
may all ur expectations come true and haa once more
India ka jhanda gaadh ke aana...
let them also know what India consists of !!!

Ankit Maskara said...

JUST GREAT........BEST WISHES N LOADS OF LUCK!!!!

Supriya said...

if you enjoy yourself toooooooooo much i might have to kill you :P

Sunny said...

queen's bday on 25th??????? strange, we hv a holiday on 1st june here for the same.....